It’s that time of year again when we are blessed with a bounty of good music from the wonderful E Kanikapila Kakou. Each year we are treated to a season of Hawaiian musical entertainment and education. Running from January to March this year offers musical workshops, hula nights, comedy, competitions and of course so much wonderful music.
It’s all taking place at the Kauai Beach Resort Jasmine Ballroom on Monday nights, and apart from two ticketed concerts these nights are always donation based so you can pay what you can afford.
We have the line up for you so you can see all the treats that are on offer. To find out more about E Kanikapila Kakou (EKK) click here to be taken to the Garden Island Arts Council website for all the latest news and EKK write ups.
• Monday, January 15th, 6 pm George Kahumoku, Jr., Sterling Seaton, Max Angel, Nancy Kahumoku
• Monday, January 22nd, 6 pm Jeff Peterson
• Sunday, January 28th, 7 pm Led Kaapana in Concert
Led Kaapana with Jesse Gregorio on bass. Tickets are $30-$35 and you can buy them by clicking here.
• Monday, January 29th, 6 pm Malie Foundation “Community Hula Night”
• Monday, February 5th, 6 pm Aldrine Guerrero
• Monday, February 12th, 6 pm Mark Yamanaka with Bert Naihe and Edward Atkins
• Monday, February 19th, 6 pm Ku’uipo Kumukahi and Friends
• Monday, February 26th, 6 pm Darlene Ahuna, Tani Waipa, Duane Yamada from Hawai’i Island: 6-7 pm: “What he said? Understanding Hawaii’s Pidgin English” (a comedy sketch) by “Da Aunties Four What?” – Makaala Kaaumoana, “Auntie Choppah”, Hob Osterlund, “Auntie Kay Den”, Sandy Wann Swift, “Auntie Tita”, Sabra Kauka, “Auntie Koo”
• Monday, March 5th, 6 pm Kuhio Travis, 6-7 ‘ukulele hour by Lady Ipo Kahaunaele
• Monday, March 12th, 6 pm Herb Ohta, Jr., Bryan Tolentino, Chris LKW Kamaka, Christopher Kamaka Jr., Casey Kamaka, 6-7 “Introducing the Kamaka ‘Ukulele Family” – video and talk story, 7-9 Herb Ohta, Jr. and Bryan Tolentino and the Kamaka Family
• Monday, March 19th, 6:30 pm Final Night – Makana Concert
Celebrate 35 Years of EKK on the last night with Makana. Tickets are $20-$35 and you can buy them by clicking here.