We are excited to share with you this week about our brand new internship program we are starting this fall! We are looking for several young adults to serve, learn, work, live, grow, and surf with the rest of the Makanalani team.
Our first 3 sessions have been scheduled, and we are now accepting applications (see below). Our fall session is rapidly approaching, and we could use your help spreading the word. If you have someone in mind who you think would be a perfect fit, send them our way!
- Our interns will serve Makanalani in various ways, including working on the farm, helping at the Naikela gardens, creating sweet treats at JoJo’s, and playing with kids!
- One day of the week will be set aside for servant-based leadership training. Each intern will receive a book and journal upon arrival, which we will walk through together throughout their 3 month session.
- We will be working together in the community for a day of service each week, where our interns will serve the various needs that arise on the island.
- Interns will learn to live in community with one another in our 4,000 square foot house called Alohalani, situated on almost 5 acres. We can sleep 8 in the girls room, and 8 in the guys room, with a communal kitchen and living area in the middle.
- This is a missions-based internship. The cost of the program is $1,000 plus the cost of airfare. Housing, basic food needs, and transportation is provided, as well as learning materials and a Makanalani Intern T-shirt.
- The internship program provides young adults with new experiences and life skills, all while enjoying the beautiful North Shore of Kauai, Hawaii!